Friday, April 27, 2018

Bike rack

A bike rack was a must for us.  I wanted a tray type that did not require a trailer hitch to be installed.  In my opinion a trailer hitch works badly for bicycles since the single point of attachment bounces around and blocks the back doors.  Also you end up with a lot of weight, which the RT really does not need.

So we spent the $$ to get the Fiamma rack.

It was easy to install and is working very well.  Doors open easily.

One not unexpected problem is bikes collect dust and crud on dusty roads or when it is raining.  I would like to cover them, but that is a different project.


I did move the rack to the lower position (there are two) to make loading and unloading easier, to keep them away from the backup camera, and to eliminate the hitting of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment